Thursday, April 16, 2009

Trash to Treasure




As much as I find humour in most day to day things, and find much to write about, I think what I know most about is creativity.


From an early age, thanks to inheriting the artistic gene from my father, I showed an interest in all things creative.
My father was truly an inspired man. He was gifted, innovative and inventive. His artistic capabilities were magnificent.
While he effortlessly put thoughts and images on canvas and paper, I am more accomplished at working with my hands.
I have, in the course of my lifetime, accomplished and/or attempted many things. From roof shingling, to tiling, to grouting, to stripping (floors, that is) to refinishing, cutting, pasting, sawing, nailing, wood carving, jewelry making and flower arranging, to name a few.
During the next few weeks I will be renovating a bathroom and hopefully soon after that a kitchen.
I plan to document my progress here.
Check back to marvel in my accomplishments and revel in my blunders.

(Don't worry I'll have pictures of both.)

Along the way we'll make some interesting household items from ordinary flea market finds or junk in the garage.

No comments:

Post a Comment